SailNet Community - View Single Post - Check your anchor locker...
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009
Ornery Cuss

riphonda is on a distinguished road
Check your anchor locker...

Well I found another area of concern for older sabre 28 owners, of course not while i was looking for it. As i was installing my new water tank realized water was coming in after it rained and setting up in the shelf i glassed in the bow. Figured it was the toe rail. Upon further inspection found that the unsealed plywood in the anchor locker was complete junk and water was just leaking right through the glass and wood holding the whole mess together. Heres a pic of the old and a pic of the new all sealed and glassed in. It was tough to tell that the old plywood was rotten before i pulled it all apart, hence the check yours out suggestion. I wish i had a pic of me after grinding yet more fiberglass that was unexpected but necessary... Good sailing, sabre is still a well built boat just that mine suffers from old age and, well, some neglect from previous owners. About par for the course:

Old:
New:
"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook