For those that might still care...
a year on and its still holding together.
To be fair, its been wintering under a cover for a lot of that time, but ive had a few hard trips out.
This was always going to be a bit of a messy learning curve project. The boat was almost dead when i got her and i learned a lot about bot epoxy and polyester along the way.
I got away with it because the weak epoxy csm mix repair on the inside of the hull was not part of the structural strength of the boat. That was achieved using the correctly mixed matt and epoxy on the outside of the hull.
The helpful advice i have received warning me not to believe in the strength of my bodged inside repair is correct. How wise i sound now after the fact.
As a general point I believe anyone reading this post should and wondering what the hell were all talking about should not be deterred. There is no substitute for getting your hands dirty and having a go. Worst case scenario is the boat breaks under me and i have to swim to shore. Ill bet its not gonna happen and even if it did its a great story for sailnet (as long as im wearing a life jacket). Im safety conscious, but i also believe in getting on and learning! This balance is every individuals personal choice.