Join Date: Jun 2006
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 10
I had the same problem. The last time it died was in the ICW with tons of tow and power boat traffic with a head wind. No way to tack out to open water. Very hard on the nerves.
Here's what I did.
1. Cleaned and added another fuel filter. Glass see through.
2. Cleaned the carb. Lot of green junk growing in the carb.
3. Changed the fuel and add Star Tron. I would not recommend Sea Foam.
4. Got new plug. Recommended by the Suzuki. That way I know I have the correct plugs.
5. I now keep a can of spray carb cleaner on the boat.
My 8hp Suzuki 2 stroke is still a little hard to start but runs fine now. Once its warmed up it starts on one pull.
You might find one of your dock mates that will clean your carb for you. One of mine did it for me and only took about 30 minutes. I watch him and now I know how to do it myself. If I had taken it in it would have cost me a couple hundred bucks.
Last edited by Lostmt; 04-17-2009 at 09:05 AM.