SailNet Community - View Single Post - delivery capt needed
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004

geo is on a distinguished road
delivery capt needed

Hi, I noticed your add here and thought I would reply to try to give some advice if anything. I wouldn''t consider myself a professional capt just yet but I have completed a few offshore passages and am pretty comfortable out there provided the vessle is sound. In my opinion, If I were you, i would be looking for a good crew member to assist, rather than a "delivery capt." If you are interested, I may be able to help. I''ve sailed from ft.peirce to beaufort NC, ecuador to PV. mexico via galapagoes, and most recently, from RI to Ft. lauderdale, via Bermuda. I''ve spent about 40 days in bluewater, and have seen plenty of weather and seas so far. I own and liveaboard a Cheoy lee 30, and work on the water every day.

For this trip I would stay relatively close to the coast, 10 nm or so, as the only real current you find offshore is the N-bound Gulf stream.
You really just want to stay far enough off to avoid shoals and traffic. This will also keep you within hailing range of a good vhf ant.

Well Ive got to go (newyears and all) but whatever you do, i hope you have a grea trip. Feel free to contact me and I will be glad to give more info.

fair winds,

geoff
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook