SailNet Community - View Single Post - Firearms Aboard in MD
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009
Meat Popsicle

nailbunnySPU is on a distinguished road
I understand I asked a question that is not simple to answer, so an amount of political opinions and educated guesses is expected. I appreciate erps's link but it's broken. However, I would like to renew the focus to my original question:

"What do i do with my guns when I'm underway? I'm not even talking about leaving the country.

Whose jurisdiction is this? I asked some police, they told me to ask DNR, I sent off an email and haven''t heard from them."

Here's a head start:
Loaded handgun in house boat or RV in MD - Maryland Shooters

In case that link breaks,

"Article - Criminal Law

§ 4-203.

(a) (1) Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, a person may not:

(i) wear, carry, or transport a handgun, whether concealed or open, on or about the person;

(ii) wear, carry, or knowingly transport a handgun, whether concealed or open, in a vehicle traveling on a road or parking lot generally used by the public, highway, waterway, or airway of the State; "

"(b) This section does not prohibit:...

....3) the carrying of a handgun on the person or in a vehicle while the person is transporting the handgun to or from the place of legal purchase or sale, or to or from a bona fide repair shop, or between bona fide residences of the person, or between the bona fide residence and place of business of the person, if the business is operated and owned substantially by the person if each handgun is unloaded and carried in an enclosed case or an enclosed holster;"

Perhaps this is the answer, if my boat is my residence, i am always traveling between residences and simply have to lock it up away from the ammo while in transit.

Surely someone has found the answer to this question before. Surely someone will seek the answer after me, let's not leave a red herring for google searchers.

Although, it'd sure be fun to shoot clays off the stern!

Last edited by nailbunnySPU; 04-20-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook