SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any Creekmore owners?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009

Rubiayat is on a distinguished road
Rubiayat back to life

As soon as I get the cover off, I will take some photos of the current project, which is re-coring the deck. The foam was almost completely saturated. I cut the uppermost fiberglass skin off, and epoxied the new core material, marine grade 3/8" plywood to the lower skin, and then came winter. My next project is to have all the bronze ports re-glazed, and the ports re-caulked.

As far as i can tell, the original owner bought the boat in 1963, and kept it in the New York City area until his passing in 1984. The boat sat in the Long Island yard from approximately that time.

It was a yawl at one time as all the chainplates and mast base are still there, but the mizzen mast was missing. The interior of the boat is all mahogany, and with the exception of water damage around the companionway, is in very good condition.

I did contact Lee Creekmore, and he has provided me with the line drawings for the boat showing it as a Yawl. You can find Raymond Creekmore's abeviated biography on line. I have collected all his illustrated books. He actually lived in Japan the same time I was there, although he was slightly older than I was at the time.

Hopefully the weather will stay springlike in a few weeks. I need that fiberglass itch....it means summer can't be far behind.

Rodger
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook