SailNet Community - View Single Post - Production Boats and the Limits
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Stan,

I'm not positive I read it here, but more than likely elsewhere re the door issue. But I do recall you or someone mentioning the sliders on NC, now that you mention it in relation to the cat B vs A.

All of these things that someone says we need or not, I feel need to be weighed as to what and where we will go. Trying to cross oceans in the non hurricane season you can get away with things vs if you try to sail/cross an ocean during hurricane season or if you go to the roaring 40's/50's either north or south towards the poles. Or extreme cold like the couple with the Oyster 72 article in this months CW that came to my door about a week ago.

Anyway, as long as folks realize, there is good and bad in ALL boats, that is a good thing.

I2f,
I am sure we've all touched, or if we have not, it is when, not if! heck, I've even touched in my canoe and old kayak accidently, and on purpose on a few occasions! what do those draw? 4-6" Hence my comments that these draft needs do not always hold water. Air draft would worry me more in the ICW than staying under 6' as an example! But, I am probably now showing either my ignorance of the area, not having been there, or what really worry's me vs what does not, which I am sure what worry's me, does not make someone else worry!

Marty