SailNet Community - View Single Post - Missing Foil !!!
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009

doctorsign is on a distinguished road
Missing Foil !!!

I own a Morgan Heritage 1 Ton Sailboat and have decided to add a roller furling headsail system. I purchased a used system somewhere along the line and now that I am ready to hopefully install it, have come up with a few problems ! I have basically rebuilt the unit with new bearings, 3/8" cable etc. but now I am in a quandry. I knew when I purchased this used unit that the foil length was short of what I needed but did not realized that I would have so much trouble finding an additional length ( I need about 5' ) of foil. My reason for posting is that I would appreciate any information from any and all as to where I might locate a section of foil. I believe what I have is a HOOD MK II with the " c " size foil. The MK II was a system that had 2 identical foil cross sections design, but 2 different sizes. The 'long' measurement of a 'c' foil size ( sort of a flat oval ), is approximately 2 1/4", the 'short' dimension' of the cross section is approximately 7/8". Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook