SailNet Community - View Single Post - LOOKING 4 A BOAT
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005

sailnaway is on a distinguished road
LOOKING 4 A BOAT

Let me give you some fatherly advise. I was young once I think? anyway I grew up in boat country South Florida and my family owned boats. When it came time for my adventure to start I like you tried to find a yacht to buy with the owner willing to trust me. I found that the guy with the toy has no way to secure his property unless she has no motor,then they can be sailed away if they have sails. I have seen this happen and the owner never saw the boat again 45'' and gone forever with no motor at least when he last saw the hole where the motor use to be. See what I am saying guys this is a hard thing to do not that it isent worth a try but hard. I would look for a fixer upper its like camping out for the long term and things can be a mess if you don''t stay on top of it but in the long run it "can" be a blessing or a nightmare you just have to take the right road to make it happin. You are more than likely to find a fixerupper and then you have knoledge of all her systems which can be worth its weight in gold.Always make the outside look like she could sail away right now it will make you more welcome when you start trying to live in a marina. Pick your friends here allot of scum bags are around and want to know what you have just be wise and keep it in your corner.

If I can help in any way please e-mail me I am close by here in New Orleans check out www.yachtworld.com look for boats from 100-10000 dollars then 100-20000 ect yu may find a boat.
DAD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook