SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sacrilege - Somebody's Gotta Do It
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009

tommays will become famous soon enough
Trust me its the expense

We ment last night and pulled are plans for Block Island race week 2009.

EVERYBODY has there hand out making it the most expensive one in history WTF you enter a race week and have to pay EXTRA to get in to the awards tent ?

To race around here US-SAILING,LISYRA,PHRF,and a summer series entry of 215 dollars for a NON-YACHT-club menber so i am looking at well over 400 dollars to go around the cans for and hour with my kids on wed night

Mind you i can show up Thursday and do the same thing with 50 friends for free SO we do Thursday and i do Wed as a crew on a OPB

And i know whats involved because i was captian of J24 fleet 89 and WE did all the work to allways kept cost as low as possable

Or for example one current issue is we race on a 35' boat sunday it takes 7 crew to do spin RIGHT do we really want to spend another 150 bucks to have a hotdog and pick up the pickel dish

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1981 J24 Tangent 2930
Tommays
Northport NY

If a dirty bottom slows you down what do you think it does to your boat
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tommays; 04-24-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook