SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cal 31
Thread: Cal 31
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009

WhatTheFoley is on a distinguished road
Just to answer a few of the other questions that have been asked...

denny98108: I have a Dickson propane heater that is mounted on the port cabin bulkhead (see the pic, sorry it's not bigger/more detailed). It came with the boat, so I donít know much about costs etc, but it works great. It puts out a great amount of heat! It's mounted on some sort of raised plate (for conducting heat away from the wood I'm sure) and vents out the top of the cabin. Seems like a pretty simple/standard setup to me.

schoonwake: She'll go to weather pretty well. I don't have any wind instruments (other than a windex) so I can't speak to the numbers, but I havenít had much trouble getting her to point pretty close to the wind. I havenít noticed too much weather helm when pointing either. I can regularly trim her out and take my hands away from the tiller when heading upwind. The rig/sailplan is pretty easy to work with, and seems pretty easy to balance. I've been thinking about trying to tune the rig a bit more to get more upwind performance, but really havenít had a need to.