SailNet Community - View Single Post - Refinishing a fibreglass galley worktop and sink.
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009

dacap06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dacap06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TQA View Post
We have looked at a couple of boats where the galley worktop and sink[s] are one piece fibreglass mouldings and are badly scratched chipped and discolored.

I guess I could fill and paint with 2 pack polyurethane but I have seen ads for granite look refinishing possibly with an epoxy paint.

Has anyone tried to do this. If so was it successful and what product or organisation was used.
The Dog's suggestion of fairing and laminating is a good one but does not really address the sink itself. I dislike fiberglass sinks because of issues such as ease of damage and discoloration. If I were to buy one of those boats you looked at, I would find a stainless steel sink you like and that will fit the countertop and enclosure, then remove the old sink by cutting it out and leaving an appropriately sized hole for the new sink, then do the fairing and new lamination that Sailing Dog suggested. It is a lot more work, but the resulting product will be much more serviceable.
Pasadena, MD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook