SailNet Community - View Single Post - I need trailer sailer advice
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009

IwanaBrich is on a distinguished road
I need trailer sailer advice

I'm looking for a used sailboat and I'm totally confused. First, I'm not an expert sailor, but I'd like to be! I've sailed smaller boats like lasers and sunfish. I live on the North Shore of Long Island NY. I own a pick-up truck and I'm looking to buy a used sailboat that can easily be trailered and launched from a shallow ramp. The boat will mainly be used on Long Island Sound. I'd like something around 17 to 23 feet, that has a small cuddy cabin, but I don't need a galley or room to sleep 4, just some space for some seating to escape the sun or rain, but it has to have room for a porta-potty!! I'd like as large a cockpit as possible. My goal is to hone my sailing skills while making sure that the bride enjoys sailing as much as I do, before I invest a lot of money.

I've always wanted to own a sailboat capable of sailing up and down the east coast. I asked the same question on another forum and a lot of folks like the Catalina 22 and Odays. I was wondering what you folks thought? Are there boats to avoid?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook