SailNet Community - View Single Post - Endeavour 32 1980 - good or bad?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009

Brucerobs2 is on a distinguished road
I dont own one but have spent a fair bit of time sailing on an '70 Irwin 32 in the Chesapeake-a very similar boat as others have mentioned. There is both an Irwin 32, and an Endevour 32 in our creek, and they look nearly identical. My buddy owns the Irwin and I have cruised and day sailed on it. Its a nice boat, that sails well, especially when the wind/waves pipe up to the 12-15K+ range. Nice comfortable cockpit too. We've chased each other around in our boats as well. My 1980 Cherubini Hunter 27 seems much faster in light air, but he sails away from me when it gets heavier, as you would expect. I lean over... he goes forward. Perhaps a little sail trim would be in order. He has upgraded much of the things you would expect- deck hardware, winches, some rigging, etc. Give the chainplates a good look on that boat. Not sure if its symptomatic of that boat, but he has had issues there. Keel/CG is great for around here. It has an Atomic 4, but I have no idea if thats original or not. It seems to do the trick. He bought the boat in rough shape and has restored it nicely . I like his boat, it sails well and has beautiful lines too.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook