SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where to Move to in the States?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009

craigimass is on a distinguished road
I think the banking sector in NC just laid off thousands...but who knows, it might be coming back by the time you get there.

New England has cold winter weather, of course. But you can make a much bigger salary than most areas and have a lot of culture within a very close distance.

As another poster said, we really have to know more. Do you like really rural areas or more urban/cultural? Do you need access to a decent airport to travel for family visits, etc.

There is so much that goes into a decision like this.

I have lived in Philly, NJ, WV, TN, MA and RI and they all have strong points...depending on what you might need at the time. Obviously not much sailing in WV.

My daughter lives in the bay area and we just returned from a visit....very nice sailing around there, a lot of nature, plenty of culture - yeah, expensive....but maybe for a reason? (It's one of the most scenic places I've ever seen!)

Enclosed - pic of Bay Area and pic of Portsmouth, RI (Newport RI area).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sanfran.jpg (60.7 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg ports.jpg (67.2 KB, 154 views)
"I do not conceive we can exist long as a nation without having lodged somewhere a power which will pervade the whole Union in as energetic a manner as the authority of the state governments extends over the individual states"
-George Washington
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook