SailNet Community - View Single Post - Opinions on Sailing Schools in DC/Annapolis area?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009
Tartan 28

drgamble is on a distinguished road
I went to J World in Annapolis - I was extremely satisfied and couldn't say enough good things about the program and it's instructors. The 5 day course will set you back around $900. The instruction is done on J24's and they have you doing everything right off the bat with more than enough water time. Usually 3 students per boat that rotate between the helm, mainsheet trim and jib trim. I have also been back for some additional private instruction on a new 105 to get instruction on docking under power and other sailing techniques. I've had a few questions post-instruction with my new boat and just gave them a ring or e-mailed them and they gave very detailed answers (had to follow up on using the boom vang effectively)... They also have various alumni events - you can jump in on a first come first serve basis to jump in on their weekly races for free and they do various flotilla's (BVI's etc) at reasonable rates. I'm pretty sure Sail magazine consistently ranks them as the top sailing school based on student surveys...

Tartan 28
Peregrine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook