SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

b&g h1000

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  HoffaLives 
#1 ·
hi all,

I have a H1000 B&G system on my yacht consists of GPS , plotter , speed ,compass, depth and wind .

I would like to connect my laptop to the system to display all the information on screen And also to feed the autopilot with waypoints from the navigation software on my PC.

I would then want to add VHF DSC with NMEA input/output.

How can I connect my PC to the B&G system? Which parts should I add?

Can I connect also the VHF.

I will appreciate any assistance.

GIL

#2 ·
i think that totally depends on the software you are running. The best option to explore this would be the literature supplied with the software and the software company's website. Most likely it would be the RS232 connector, and you would have to custom make a male connector with wires soldered to proper pins for the NMEA output and input. I suspect only the NMEA would actually be able to communicate between the PC and your B&G (which is what NMEA is for, of course).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.