SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

What is the size of your boat?

• 25 feet or under

Votes: 239 24.2%
  • 26-35 feet

Votes: 465 47.2%
  • 36-47 feet

Votes: 245 24.8%
  • Greater than 47 feet

Votes: 40 4.1%

48K views 209 replies 166 participants last post by  LetsGetWet 
#1 ·

#168 ·
My boat is "technically" 29'10" and I am starting to learn about more and more limitations that affect boat over 30'. Not just fees, regulations etc for boats 30' and over but I have talked to some world cruisers that just couldn't get thier 34'er into some marinas.

#169 ·
curious as to where it is that a 34 cannot get into a marina...i prefer to anchor out--- but i am in a marina for named storm season as the anchorage here has mediocre holding and i dont wanna die from jova or irwin or their lil follower..... but there are lots of empty slips in this area, up to 100+ ft--is easy to find slips here if you are willing to pay the money for them.

#171 ·
1967 Corinthian 41 Tri. One of the first fiberglass production multihull designs built in the U.S. Ted Irwin design, his only multihull design. I have hull #12 of 28 built, last one built 1993. Beam of 24.5' single engine and she will motor turn within her own length. She has a skeg hung rudder. Center Cockpit. She has a draft of 35".

Ketch rigged, both masts have been upgraded and replaced, she is on her second engine, Perkins 104/50 HP, motor cruises at 7kts. She was rewired 3 years ago.

Currently on the hard for painting and upgrades to various systems. Fiberglass in good shape. She was a bit ahead of her time as she was built with Balsa Core which was used above the waterline and on the decks to make her strong and light. She is very similar to a Piver Victress 40 in design, though her amas are asymmetrical, which aid in pointing.

1936 Chris Craft Cruiser 30' - of the 19 built this is the last one known of. she is currently on the hard for complete rebuild. She has twin Chris Craft straight Eights, 65HP each.

#175 ·
35" Bonito

#184 ·
Mine's 22', but it's a big 22' inside! :)

When I first saw her, I thought she was 25 or 26 feet.

At 6' tall, I have standing headroom until I get past the galley to the head area. Then, it's a good sitting area, or stand under the fore hatch.
She will have a sit-down shower soon too! :D

Completely paid for, solidly built, and capable of ocean crossing. The original owner sailed her from the UK to Houston and all around the Bay before he settled down, and sold her.

I'm the 3rd official owner. :cool:

#186 ·
My boat looks alot bigger than 30' on the outside (probably has something to do with the proportions), but inside is pretty tight. Beam is 8'9" the sides take up 6" of that (1"planking w/2x3" frames and 1/4 cieling )which including cabinets gives the widest width in main cabin of 6'. From cabin to stern is 10' from companionway hatch to mast is 8' and ahead of the mast it gets too tight to be considered anything but storage, headroom under companionway is 6'2" under midship hatch is 6'4" and under cabin top in main cabin 5'7" (William Atkin felt that "you don't need to stand up everywhere).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.