SailNet Community - View Single Post - Seriously considering a C27, advice needed!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009
Banned

Anaxagoras1986 is on a distinguished road
It's a 77 standard rig.

It has minor Catalina Smiles on front and back of the keel but they are small and don't appear to be bad. The keel bolts are rusted more than I would feel comfortable with to tighten them but they are only rusted on the threads- they look structurally solid and the spot where they touch the hull in the bilge feels/looks solid.

The engine is an Atomic 4 that I'm going to start soon to listen to it.

The interior is in good shape although it is obvious it has been sitting for a while. Nothing major, just a good cleaning would go a long way.

The bilges are all dry except for the center one where there is approximately 1/2" of water where the bilge pump can't pull any lower.

The hull appears to be very solid with only bottom paint required. The deck is very solid with no sags or soft spots when I walked around.

The rigging is all complete and has two sails- one mail and one 150% furler jib.

I noticed that a few of the life line posts are slightly loose and are likely leaking a bit. That seems like a very easy fix.

The fuel tank has surface corrosion on the outside and is made of aluminum. It appears to be in good shape but who know what lies inside.

The head appears to be in good shape and some of the fittings for the tank, through hulls, etc have been replaced sometime recently judging by their appearance.

This is what I have noticed so far. I wasn't sure if there are any specific trouble areas on C27s to look for...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook