SailNet Community - View Single Post - Nantucket Island 33?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005

captaindicky is on a distinguished road
Nantucket Island 33?

I have owned a Nantucket Island 38 since 1994. I have cruised the boat down the Pacific coast of Mexico and Central America, Sea of Cortez, through the canal and up the Carribean to Mexico. The boat was designed, built and fitted out for cruising. It is probably one of the most comfortable and sea kindly cruising boats. Sturdiness is a hallmark. The flush deck design not only provides more volume inside, but more deck space for recreation and storage. I know that there is a 33 foot version, which eliminates the forward head and shortens the salon. Might be a little cramped for cruising, and the forward head is super for cruising with more than two aboard. Lots of storage space. Only two limitations that I know of. The engine compartment is very small and access is difficult. And, the clearance between the floor and the top of the keel is very shallow, which doesn''t allow for good drainage into the bilge sump.

This boat was made to cruise. If you are planning to travel this is a very serviceable, kindly, sturdy and easy to handle sailboat.

If you want more info, please send me an email at chimereatsea@yahoo.com. Good sailing, Dicky
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook