SailNet Community - View Single Post - Who has the newest Helms 25
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009

philo13 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the welcome. for this year, at least throught the familiarization phase, the boat will stay at Monroe reservoir south of Bloomington, IN.

I've been reading Kevin's blog, and it looks like I'll want to ttry some "big water" sailing on Lake Michigan eventually, but we're not ready for that yet. As near as I can tell from your pictures, the main change is a shorter v berth and the addition of a head (toilet w/ holding tank and sink) on the port side and a hanging locker opposite on the starboard. The boat is generally in good shape, a little weeping at the junction between the fiberglass and the plastic tube for the swing keel cable (what is this called), and the windows apparently need to be pulled out aand reinstalled to fix the rainwater leaks. Also the motor mount seems a bit wobbly where it attaches to the stern - I may need to beef that up some.

I'll post pictures when I get a chance to take some. We purchased it Tuesday night - dead calm - and had to motor it to our marina. Almost dark by then, and raining ever since.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook