Hello, I am back after some time...
I will try to answer based on my experience:
- Hot water: We just bought and almost install a PLastimo 20L water heater system, we have put in the back cokpit in the place over the engine (Easy to connect to the engine, and very easy to pass it to the bathroom. We were going to connect to make the trials but because of a bad diesel fuel our engine sttoped and they are fixing it (About $3.000).
- Water capacity: Our previos owner added two deposits aft, one inside the locker and the other connected to this one in the place where the life rift is suppoused to go. For us now is excesive...
- Fuel capacity, it is not too big the tank, it is not the strongest point, for long navigation periods we carry a 45L deposit aoutside.
- The portlights: the previous owner added some small practical (Two on each side), bathroom, kitchen, cokpit and over chartdesk. It is fantastica, and you can open them to ventilate... VERY GREAT idea.
- Ice box, we had added an electrical system and is fantastic... it seems to be isolated very well...
- 12hp, In my opinion it will a very small engine, we have 18hp, and with big waves and bad conditions it is just limited... in fact we are thinking on changing the propeller...
Hello from Spain...
Originally Posted by Malabo
I am looking a purchasing a mid 80's Attalia and am generally hearing positive things for inside waters (BC, Washington).
Are there any owners out there who can comment on the following:
Adding hot water/creating a reasonable shower (does it have a shower sump?)
Adding water capacity;
Is the fuel capacity a problem?;
The portlights are a bit crazed and seem on the flimsy side. Has anyone experience re-doing these?
Any condensation issues in cooler climates?
The ice box is noted as poorly insulated. Can this be corrected?
The 12 HP diesel is on the light side. Is this an issue?
Thanks for any feedback.