SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fender covers - any use?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Ask guys who paint boats

Ask guys who paint boats and the tech support at Awlgrip. They will usually tell you they do more harm than good. I had a long conversation with the Dupont Imron reps at the Maine Boat Builders Show and they were complaining that fleece covers are a huge Peeve of theirs. People thin kt they are doing good but dry crusty salt, dirt weeds dock grime and such sticks to fleece and it does not stick to a clean fender nearly as well..

People think they are doing a good thing but fleece likes to attract dirt, dock grime, dried seaweed and any other thing floating by. This stuff then gets trapped in the fibers and abrades the hull worse than a smooth clean fender will.

Clean your fenders often and I would advise agaisn the use of them. I chose to ignore my painter and bought some. I used them for one day and saw exactly what he said I would trapped grime and dirt in the fibers. They are basically brand new, sitting in my barn, collecting dust..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook