SailNet Community - View Single Post - 17 volts on a 12 volt system?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009

FlyinNOE is on a distinguished road
Gentleman,

I purchased an inexpensive volt meter enroute to our boat "Mairoa" this afternoon after work to verify the previous findings.

The new voltmeter found 13.2 volts at both terminals. The cause of all of your work posting and my sleepless night was the bad (and expensive) Voltmeter!

As for the Frigomatic, either the compressor or the controller is bad (I'm guessing the compressor).

I used the quick disconnects so that no R134A wasn't leaked to atmosphere (thereby effectively keeping the system closed) to remove the compressor/ evaporator from the "ice box" this afternoon. My wife will run it North to Seattle (while I'm at work) to the only guys in 200 miles that fix these things.

We are headed North to Canada and Orcas Island for 12 days of cruising at the end of the month. I hope to have the frig challenge rectified by then.

The timely and intelligent responses on SailNet with its community of likeminded folks make it a pleasure to be part of. 180-250 days a year I miss out on your postings, experiences, and advice. It's nice to be home.

Thanks for all of your help.

Brian-
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook