SailNet Community - View Single Post - Want to live aboard (tried) but family, mainly wife does not approve
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009

sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about sailortjk1 has a spectacular aura about
It's not everybody’s dream.
Your wife's dream may be to buy that nice house in the country with a white picket fence. I have no idea what her dream is, but it does not sound like living on a boat is. Did you approach the subject before you were married?
Remember True Blue? He loved his boat and he loved to sail, the wife was scared to heal on the boat. It became a problem for the two if them.
Just because its your dream does not make it her dream, and if she is adamant against it, and if you are adamant for it, its going to be a major hurdle for you and your wife.

And BTW, in one of your post you stated that you expected support and not to get dissed. Well it has happened before where people come here wanting to hear what they what to hear and not listen to any input or advise anybody has offered. You will get a lot of feedback on this forum, it may not always be what you want to hear, but the people here are great and are truly giving you feedback from what their experiences have taught them.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook