SailNet Community - View Single Post - NYC Navigation
Thread: NYC Navigation
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009

nk235 is on a distinguished road
Hey Barry - I actually made this trip 2 years ago when I had my 25 footer. If you want we can meet up one day or evening at the boats in Mt. Sinai and I can offer some advice and let you know about our trip?

Other wise as long as you have decent weather the trip is excellent. Also Hell gate is not that bad so long as you have favorable current and you can expect to be doing over 10knts over ground so the trip down the east river flies by!

We stayed at Liberty Landing. The bar across is noisy but the marina was excellent, views outstanding, and there is a good restaurant right there if you don't want to go into the city.

Def let me know when you are going because during the week I work in the city and I live in a high rise apartment building right on the water in Long Island City which is right across from the UN building looking over the river so I watch the boats go down all day. If I'm around the day you go I can bring my camera and zoom lense and get some good shots of your boat if you want?

Anyway let me know if you'll be down at the harbor anytime soon. I should be there tomorrow mid afternoon as my boat is in Smithtown tonight and I'm sailing her back to Mt. Sinai tomorrow around noon.