SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fuel Tank Blues. Gas dryer?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road
Try the MD Zorb in a jar and judge for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstep192 View Post
On my "other" (powerboat) forum, guys say that MDR's E-Zorb works, but I think it really depends on how much water has gotten in and whether or not phase seperation has already occured. I think fuel scrubbing is the way to go if the gas (and water) has been in there for a long time.
You need to add the chemical in equal parts to the water and mix.

So, that mean if you have 5% water separation you will be burning 5% soap along with the gas and water.

Suit yourself, but I tested the material and wouldn't touch it with 100 foot pole. Scary.

In fact, if you can work the water layer out, there is no reason to replace the gas. Top-off with high test ( to compensate for the alcohol loss) and get on with it. I've done this in a number of sever cases and it worked just fine. ALL the water did was strip some alcohol.

I also promise you that the refiners do not through gasoline away if a tank is phase separated. I work with them. They get the water out and boost up the octane.

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook