Boat Suggestion Help Please
I am looking for my first boat so here is the criteria not in any particular order of importance but looking for all of these hopefully.
- want to spend 20K or less
- want to be able to sail single handed most of the time so assuming size below 32 feet
- Need space for weekend cruising for a couple
- Want something that can move nicely in light air (e.g. less than 10kts). I live in Boston so this would be important.
- Want to have something with standing headroom through most of the boat(I am 6 feet tall).
I thought some boats that might fit this criteria would be:
- J-28 - Perfect. Seems to capture everything above except that they cost at least double the amount I have to spend
- Pearson Triton - Older but some nice ones on market. Maybe too much healing considering its a CCA type boat??? Wife might freak out.
- Bristol 27 - I like the ones with the outboard built into the stern for easy maintenance.
Any other suggestions? Any help is welcome.