SailNet Community - View Single Post - Can't remember what this part is called
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009
jaschrumpf's Avatar
jaschrumpf jaschrumpf is offline
1975 Newport 28
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Monrovia, MD
Posts: 573
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 13
jaschrumpf is on a distinguished road
Can't remember what this part is called

Currently my main and jib halyards are at the mast and are cleated off there. I'd like to run the halyards to the cockpit to make singlehanding easier, and while I can visualize the parts I need I can't remember what the name of one of them them is.

What is the name of the block that would be attached to the base of the mast to turn the halyard through 90 deg from vertical to leading across the deck? To make the next turn I'd just use an organizer, or even just a cheek block since I only have one line on each side of the mast.

Does that sound right?

S/V Free Spirit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Monrovia, MD
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook