Join Date: Apr 2006
Thanked 173 Times in 170 Posts
Rep Power: 12
I think the reply meant that they would be departing in two weeks--not making the trip in two weeks.
By all means, ask them what their schedule is, how many crew they intend and what kind of watch keeping, what safety equipment is on the boat (to ORC standards? life raft plus more, one hopes?) and see how clearly they communicate back to you. Also, how rigid is their schedule, can or will they wait a week or two for weather window if necessary?
Some folks just don't do well with email, you might want to use Skype and set up a time to speak with them for free that way. Get a better feel for the details.