Originally Posted by jarcher
When you filled your void, did you do it from the edge or did you drill a hole through the deck into it? I am guessing the former?
You guess right, but a small hole might have been better since the deck was slightly slanted in the area in question. I think what I did was block the slot from below, fill the whole "lower" part of the cavity up to a point that left a small gap for access to the upper part, let that solidify some, then injected the thickened (with colloidal silica) epoxy into the remaining "upper" side using a syringe. A small hole at the highest point of the upper part would have allowed me to just pump epoxy into the upper chamber until it came back out the hole.
If it were me I'd go with filling if I thought I had gotten all the rot out and could reach the whole gap with my filler. You might not have such a depressing situation there.