SailNet Community - View Single Post - E29 - Head Redesign
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009
SailAway

maccauley123 is on a distinguished road
Been a while since I updated so figured I would post one quick. Over the last couple of weeks got the new aft bulkhead glassed in and the new bench for the head built. Structurally everything is done so just finish work. Need to remove the old head and hoses and get the new porta potti bolted down and plumbed in.

With the new space created I think I am very happy with it. First the new head is going to be much more comfortable as a dedicated space. I think the salon area is nicer too with the new bulkhead and that weird port bench fixed. The head will be better too being a closed fresh water system. I will like having 2 throughhulls closed up and the stinky head smell should be gone, a major complaint of the admiral. I figure even if I decide I don't like the porta potti and go back to a "real" head I can install a fresh water tank and have it pull from that. The porta potti should work nice though. Adds 5 gallons to my overall holding capacity and each flush should be much smaller so overall capacity is greatly improved. I never filled my holding tank before anyway.

This weekend hope to get the old head out, new head installed and some more finish work done. Getting my decks faired where I replaced rotted core is my primary task though.

Get out there!

Saco Bay, Maine
2001 Beneteau Oceanis 361
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook