SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Entire Summer is OPEN. Take Me Sailing?!
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009
I don't discuss my member

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay
Fstbttms will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtripfool View Post
If you take offense at me asking to learn sailing, I am sorry to hear that. The website asked me to introduce myself, and so here I am. If I am viewed as a leech, well, I guess I can't change how other people think of me. But I would certainly appreciate people at least gettin' to know me a bit more before acting like I'm only out to suck the money and life out of others...maybe you have a lot of that on here, I don't know.
Good luck, chief. Most people who are willing to to take a complete novice under their wing are looking for a hot chick to sail with. I'm pretty sure you don't qualify.

Maybe you should consider a sailing school. And once you know the pointy end from a hole in the ground, you could hang around the yacht clubs on Wednesday and Friday evenings, looking for a ride on a race boat. Then you'll be able to display your sparkling personality and other winning qualities to real people who actually own boats in the region you'd like to sail in.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook