SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Entire Summer is OPEN. Take Me Sailing?!
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
I lived in Daytona for 1 hurricane season. Not a lot of sailing going on there, because most people aren't that close to Ponce Inlet, and that keeps them at the dock. I stayed at Caribbean Jacks, and only sailed 3 times in 5 months.

Basic lessons would be good, and that way you have something to offer. Not many are just going to bring a stranger aboard that will be in the way.

If you are thinking about getting aboat. I would suggest Biscayne Bay. It's a great place to get in lots of sailing, but still have protected water. Not to mention lots of places to drop the hook, and swim, or scuba.

Once you get your skills up you can cross the stream, and be in Bimini in less than half a day. The Bahamas are paradise, and it will take a lifetime to learn them like the back of your hand. Once again the water is clear like gin, and fish a plenty.

Joining a club, and making some sailing friends was good advice. BEST WISHES in getting on a sailboat. You will give up flying for it......i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook