SailNet Community - View Single Post - The Entire Summer is OPEN. Take Me Sailing?!
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009

roadtripfool is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstbttms View Post
Good luck, chief. Most people who are willing to to take a complete novice under their wing are looking for a hot chick to sail with. I'm pretty sure you don't qualify.
yeah, i have no boobs. I guess it limits me. Funny how a lot of life is like that.

I appreciate the heads-up, though. Good info on the above couple posts. Thanks. I haven't completely given up yet, but yeah, I know...as I read somewhere earlier, experience is never there when you need it the most (when you are first starting out). I even have a yacht club back home in Illinois that I can check out, but let's be honest, sailing on a small lil' lake is a bit less desirable than on an ocean, right?! For me anyway...I have spent countless hours on that lake! Could be good to learn the skills, I guess.

Anyway, I just realized I had a pretty unique life opportunity (4 months off has got to be the second-best thing to retirement!) and wanted to take advantage of it. Of course, I'll still look to see what is out there. I'm still hopin' for the best.

And you're right, my fear IS falling in love with sailing! I read Dove and 66 Days Adrift at Sea this season, and I'm fascinated with it all. Shoot, I would be lying to say I don't have my eye on a 31-foot Hunter sloop to live on for the summer. I guess I live by the philosophy "you learn to swim by jumping off the deep end." Just wanted to make sure I didn't jump off too far away, ya know? Might as well learn from those who have gone before me.

Thanks for the good info, though. I'll see what I can do about growin' those boobs.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook