SailNet Community - View Single Post - Need Help Identifying a boat
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Without pictures or without a precise length, it is hard to say for sure but from your description, that sounds like it could be a Westerly or a Signet.

Personally, I have bever been a fan of bilge keel boats, (poor sailing ability and the problem of how to free them when they run aground) or Westerly's for that matter (sloppy build quality and mediocre sailing ability), but for some reason I have always liked the Signet (19'-10" LOA) which I had a chance to sail briefly when I lived in Florida. (Here are a couple examples 20' Signet Sailboat and Signet 20 Twin Keel Sailboat Project)

If the boat is a Signet and were in near perfect condition and capable of sailing she would probably be worth somewhere around $3000-3500. As you describe her she is worth something well under $2000 and may have little or no value is she does not have good sails, interior furnishings, and an outboard. There was a pretty nice one for sale in Annapolis on a trailer which they were asking $2K for a few years back.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook