SailNet Community - View Single Post - Small Cruising Catamarans
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005

WHOOSH is on a distinguished road
Small Cruising Catamarans

Fred, I''m barely a novice when it comes to multis but I would encourage you to add a comment about where you plan to use this small cat. We can see you might be sailing in LI Sound...but then again, you might have plans to ''live with/cruise'' down in Florida and over to the Bahamas for a bit...and I think you''d get different answers if your sailing venue were known. E.g. I''ve seen a few heavy/older Catalacs crossing the Stream and visiting Nassau, but I think they''d be disappointing sailing boats up in the soft LI winds.

You also don''t mention a price target. With your knowledge of older, smaller cats, I''m sure you''re familiar with Tony Smith''s innovative TelStar trimaran, which he intro''d to the USA at the Annapolis Boat Show, only to have his factory and the molds burn to the ground the next year. After selling boodles of Geminis, he''s (re)introduced a folding-ama Tri that is trying to find a customer like you...but being a new boat (and your list being of older boats), it may not be worth suggesting it. So...hearing a ballpark price would help shape replies, too.

Good luck out on the hunt!

Jack
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook