SailNet Community - View Single Post - seasickness
Thread: seasickness
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005

sailnaway is on a distinguished road
seasickness

We sent some cash to help out and after checking the logistics it was going to take allot more than we could spend to go over.
We like a cause and had plans to go to Central America then the Tsunami hit and having respect for the people of that area wanted to help. The Buffett thing is right on track. I have been sailing since 1962 geeezzz I cant be that old. Anyway the song says it all. I have lived on boats hitch hiked across the country from coast to coast lost a marriage and quit school to go sailing. I have fought in a war loved many women have children I respect and love got drunk to often went commercial fishing worked as a Commercial diver built a few yachts including a 160'' aluminum monster lived in a tent on a beach tried to be a smuggler finished a degree in avaition have six grandsons an old boat and Mother Ocean I have always had her. I never stick my foot in her with out saying hello Mother Ocean.I have done this since I was a boy and swam out past the second reef with an inner tube and a bushel basket as a catch all for the fish I speared. All alone and 12 years old I was connected to something I could just barley understand but loved.Mother Ocean please protect me I would ask her don''t let the sharks get me or don''t let me drown. I would dive down and my little anchor would take me to 35 feet real fast and I would get the big lobster and fill my basket till the fish and lobster were flowing over the top.Mother Ocean has given me so much for so many years I have seen things that I can not explain but no need Mother Ocean gave me that moment because I am one of her children. Mother Mother Ocean.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook