SailNet Community - View Single Post - Head failure...
Thread: Head failure...
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009

genieskip is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub911 View Post
...in every sense of the words.

So my Raritan Cricket compact manual head sprung a leak and I think I need to get a new one. Raritan no longer sells rebuild kits for this model - and I really don't think it would help, as the plastic housing has deformed around the fasteners so much, the main gasket is letting water squirt right by despite my well-intended calking job and all the pleasures of squirming around in that environment while the rest of the world is sailing around Memorial Day weekend.

I've searched the forums and have found some recommendations. Raritan seems to have a good rep (and I suppose mine has served it's time 'under' me for about 10 good years). So I'm inclinded to stay with Raritan.

In reading other posts, I saw a reference to the fact that the bowl may be standard model and could be used on a new pump. Anybody know have any information about how to do this? Is it just a call to Raritan?

Other advice welcome as well.

Thanks!
I recently yanked the Raritan head out of my boat and replaced it with a composting head. There was nothing wrong with the head itself, just the plumbing beyond the head. I threw out all the plumbing but kept the head, which is in good shape but which I will probably never use, since I have become a full convert to the composting head philosophy. You are welcome to the head, if you are willing to pick it up. I'm just over the CT border in NY state, off 84. PM for better directions if you are interested.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook