SailNet Community - View Single Post - Trucking a PSC 34
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009

Petethenomad is on a distinguished road
Trucking a PSC 34

Rocinante is down in the Caribbean, where I have been sailing for ten years and spending the summers on Vancouver Island. Now I am settling here in BC and need to decide what to do with my lovely boat on the hard in Carriacou. I would sell her but there is not much of a market there right now so the price would have to be pretty cheap. I have been looking at trucking her from Florida to Anacortes, near Seattle. I found a very useful site, uShip, where you get open bidding from truckers. I got bids from $5500 and up. I could even arrange to go with her and sleep in the boat at rest stops as the driver kipped in the truck. It seems that the 34 can be towed by a decent pickup and a low bed trailer and is under height and under width, making it a pretty easy haul.

Has anybody got experience of trucking a 34 that they could share?

I went sailing in Desolation Sound with my brother recently and it is beautiful. Rocinante would be perfect for these waters. Or I could get a better price for her here that would offset the cost of trucking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook