SailNet Community - View Single Post - 30 footer too small?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hynes57 View Post
To each their own, but that arrangement sounds like a nightmare to me.

The first thing I would toss would be the yappie "small dog". Those sort of rodents would never have evolved but for the intervention of man with Natural Selection. At the first sign of a dog "mess" on board, over he'd go. There's no way the Captain is going clean-up after little Poopsy on my boat.

The second thing to go would be the wife. "No shower and no refrigeration" pretty much eliminates both reasons for keeping a wife around in the first place: cooking during the day and companionship at night. Next port, she's gone, too.

Having paired things down to just me and the 27-footer, the situation would then seem livable to me.

Every person is allowed their own opinion, but I think I might have found a different way of presenting it. Sometimes it is not what you say, but how you say it. Mind your bearing.

ANd FYI, you would be absolutely amazed at what people live on and cruise on at the coast. They find a way to make it work. Could I? Nope, I couldn't. Probably my loss too - but I enjoyed amenities. We did keep two dogs on board which to be honest is a pain... but we loved them. To many people, their dogs are family and they simply put up with the resulting difficulties (and there are many). We also did it with an infant.

The bottom line is that I am a true believer in: It is not what you have on board that makes it work, but you attitude that makes it work.

Brian

PS A pic of our yougest (somewhere offf the coast of FL) watching a movie off the computer (did not have room for a TV too) and one of the dogs in the background.

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook