SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crimping versus Soldering
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009

eolon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Yes, there are a lot of soldered connections, but I'd also point out that most of the soldered connections you're talking about were done by a wave soldering machine rather than much more fallible human beings. I'd also point out that most of the same equipment will also have some crimped connections—which haven't failed at any greater a rate than the soldered ones you mention.

However, in the specific case the rest of us are discussing—user installed wiring on a boat—crimping is far more likely to result in a decent connection than is soldering.

You might want to open the stomach window you're using to see to get some air. The facts and the industry standards just don't support your statements or viewpoint.
Facts and Industry standards? that's odd, I don't remember reading that facts and industry standards were required in order to relate our particular experiences and knowledge. This is the internet, you know... unless you thought it was your personal amazing fairyland and you are the Galactic Overlord. If so, excuse me - please don't sic your minions on me!

Best Regards,

e

.::.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook