SailNet Community - View Single Post - Free Delivery
Thread: Free Delivery
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Dear tsmith.

After doing many, many delivers over many, many years I have some thoughts concerning this topic.

I have found that boat owners that want cheap delivery skippers also are cheap when it comes to maintenance. When I am contacted by a boat owner and he wants to negotiate my price, I am not interested in moving his boat. If he can't pay my price, what corners did he cut on the boat? Many Free delivery skippers get them selfs into situations where the owners are afraid to move the because the boat is not ready to make the voyage and looking for some "fool" to do for them.

I can also tell you a story about a "free" delivery skipper who used this board just the way you are. Advertising his availability. He would contract for a delivery and then sell the bunks out on the boat as offshore training to newbies. He got himself in trouble with the USCG as he was advertising he was licensed (he was not) and he was running a commercial enterprise.

Just a rule of life, I don't want a cheap doctor, or a cheap lawyer, or if it is my boat a cheap delivery skipper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never Forgotten

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook