SailNet Community - View Single Post - Free Delivery
Thread: Free Delivery
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009
Banned

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omatako View Post
§
10.418 Service requirements for master of ocean (note the singular) or near coastal steam or motor vessels of not more than 500 gross tons.

This makes me feel better.

So you are the master of your vessel and not the oceans, the same as I am. I've just never felt a need to hold a security clearance or have a background check done to manage a boat. If you do, well, I guess that's OK too.

We are only masters of our vessels while the ocean allows us to be. When the ocean decides it's time to take charge, you and I are both masters of nothing. Try not to call yourself a Master of Oceans, it sounds pompous and it's completely untrue.

And BTW, Federal schmedral. Why would I want to understand your Federal licensing matters?
Come to the USA and see if you can take passengers for hire with your Yardmassers certificate. We to have recreational sailing certificates issued by the ASA (American sailing assoc.) You are talking a boating certificate and I am talking a Federal commercial license that does it's best to insure passengers safety. We are apples and oranges. Now you can take your opinions and shove them. It's the system we have to work in and I am proud of my accomplishments.

Last edited by bubb2; 06-02-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook