SailNet Community - View Single Post - Personal Hygiene
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
Funny stuff... we live aboard and cruise. My wife changes her clothes once a week, maybe, depending on whether they stand up on their own (literally - there's a picture of her shorts standing up on their own on our blog). She spends much of her time in a bathing suit. Last week it rained cats and dogs and she took a bath in the dinghy. Normally, she swims and then rinses off under the sunshower, sometimes with soap and shampoo, sometimes not. I don't remember the last time we had a real shower. Product wise, she keeps some moisturizer around for occasional use, and she has deodorant. She has soap and shampoo that gets used sometimes. She does have razors, toothpaste/toothbrush, and we keep q-tips on board for general use. Outside of that, no makeup, perfume, gels, creams, etc. BTW, her hair (on her head) goes below her shoulders. She used to have all the stuff and the complete ritual every morning, but it's funny what a cruising lifestyle does... her approach is pretty much par for the course for most cruisers we've met, except for people with catamarans that have big showers and watermakers
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook