SailNet Community - View Single Post - liveaboard in florida?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Ray,

Axs you may know from my posts, we LA'd in SW Florida, mostly the Cape Coral, FT. Myers Beach area. I have heard that with the recent downturn in the economy, the cape is full of LA's behind houses.

The issue, as mentioned, will be getting pumped out... but you can work around that. They make portable pump out units. We used that for about 6 months. It is no fun... but better on the environment than dumping in a "creek".

Florida is the world's worst at having the code police driving around. They started off in marked cars in the Cape, then started running around in unmarked cars to try to catch anyone that might break a code. It was rediculous. I do not know how bad it is up there, but you might ask around the marinas to find out.

We have had many friends move up there and LA. I believe one couple got into the city marina?? We lost track with them.

I guess you could try it. What is the worst that could happen?? THey kick you out? It would probably take a neighbor turning you in if it is even against the law. If that happens, start looking further south for a marina to live on and get on the waiting list of some of the cheaper ones. You can take I75 north into Tampa. I do not know how bad it is now, but it was getting more and more crowded when we left there.

Let us know how it turns out.

- CD

PS I am not advocating or suggesting that you do any of this. This is my opinion only and you take it at your own risk. Just want to make sure that is clear.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook