SailNet Community - View Single Post - biggest trailerable sailboat
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009
O'day 26

joeybkcmo is on a distinguished road
think the beam of the boat is going to be your biggest concern. Unless you are willing to do the "wide load" permit route for each state. If I remember correctly 8' is about the widest that you can trailer in most states without permits. I know that C&C made a "Mega 30" with an 8' beam, and it seems like there are a couple of new designs with 8' beams as well. So short answer from there is, it depends on what interior features you are looking for, headroom, etc. Of course I like my O'day 26 (8' beam, 5'8" headroom) sleeps 4 in comfort, has a small head area.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook