SailNet Community - View Single Post - Engine Mounts
Thread: Engine Mounts
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
My experience

The Westerbeke mounts on my motor were just replaced at 2878 hours of use. I chose to stick with them and the new ones have some changes compared to the old ones which should help them last even longer.

Why did I stick with Westerbeke mounts? Because my bell housing cracked last summer. This crack was attributed to porosity in the casting from when it was new. While it did last 2800+, hours and was well out of warranty, Westerbeke replaced the $600.00 bell housing at NO charge and without being asked to do so. They really are a GREAT company!

What were some of their questions about this situation?

#1 Were you using Westerbeke engine mounts?

This was their first question..

I am going to guess that if I had been using other than Westerbke mounts they would not have sent me a free bell housing despite it's apparent defects from the factory..

The new mounts were not cheap but if I can get another 2800+ hours out of them....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook