SailNet Community - View Single Post - R.C.M.P. boardings in British Columbia
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009

patrickrea is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnvye View Post
I know we are lucky to have highly educated candidates still applying for jobs as officers but I wouldn't want to be in the field nowadays.
I don't know about BC but here in Toronto, you don't stand a chance in hell of getting on the police force with only high school unless you know someone really high up. All of the cops in the last 15 years are at minimum college educated ( although college isn't what it was back in "my" day 20 years ago) and a large portion have a university degree in something other than policing such as psychology, sociology, law or IT. Outside of Toronto, the same standards apply to the OPP but I am not so sure about Peel Regional. We all thought that Peel got the Toronto rejects and because of that, they were always extra bitter doing stops for speeding.

I have noticed in the last 2 months a huge presence of Metro Toronto Police in Toronto Harbour. I know that they have been doing alot of work due to the 2 missing kids, both of which ended up being pulled from the water. Most of the time, they are nosing into the seawall to get coffee and then just puttering around.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1978 30' Hughes Northstar 1000
1964 20' Bertram Moppie
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook