I researched this regatta a couple of years ago with the intention of using my boat to enter. I found that the entry fee was around $500 and since about half of the race is in the ocean a life raft is required equipment for each boat which you can rent for the event for another $500. Since I am such a cheapskate that is as far as I went with that idea.
I am still tempted by the idea of this race and NOT a veteran of it NOR likely to be free to join you but you give very few details of you and your boat.
A few items of information might be helpful for others who might be interested in joining you, such as:
- boat year, make, size, sail plan (sloop, ketch etc.)
- when was rigging last updated
- equipment on board (radar, chart plotter etc.)
- how you plan to share expenses
- your sailing experience
- your preferences for crew (eg., only non-smoking, drug free, vegetarian lesbian republicans need apply)
Sea Cliff YC sponsors this event and all the registration info is reachable from their website: https://www.memberstatements.com/log...m?destination=
Good luck with your search for crew for the ALIR.